Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Favorite Lipstick

Isn't it funny how we all gravitate back to what we truly love. We can have tons of things, accessories clothes, shoes and makeup, still we always go back to our one true favorite. Today I want to share with you my Favorite Lipstick and Im also going to throw in a little tag I found via twitter.

As much as I love my bright and outgoing lipsticks I have one I always have readily available to me and that is my L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in  Fairest Nude 800. Its actually the only lipstick I keep a backup for. This color to me, is the color you call would "My Lips But Better" because it makes my lips look just perfectly nude without trying so hard. This color is neither too pale nor too pink, its really just perfect. This is a lipstick you keep in your handbag as an emergency lipstick because you can apply it without a mirror and not worry about the application being so perfect because its not a scandalous color. This lipstick goes with every makeup look I put together and what I love the most is that it looks great with my skin tone. The formula is like a mix of a creme and sheen. It applies to the lips like a sheen lipstick (slippery) but looks like a creme on the lips. The staying power on is good for a drugstore lipstick, keep in mind that it is a nude color so it does seem to fade faster then a bright one would. However it does not bother me at all. The packaging of the product is a nice gold squared tube with a gold center closure with the L'oreal Brand name on it. The one thing about the packaging I don't love is that the top cap of the tube. It has a slant to it so when I store it in my acrylic lipstick holder upside down (because I like the names of my lipsticks to show) it tilts to the side. I know its not really a big deal because this lipstick really lives in my hand bag most of the time but it still bugs me. Something that could be a turn off to some is the scent of the lipstick. It smells old school to me and is quite overwhelming. The scent brings back memories of lipsticks my mother owned when I was a kid, at first I didn't like it but because I love the color I sucked it up and now it really doesn't bother me. I encourage you to try out this lipstick, it retails for only $7.99 Let me know if you did and if you liked in a comment, or even if you already own it!


I was looking over Twitter a while back and I found a fun tag on Beauty Book Blog called The Lip Stick Tag. I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to give it a whirl, so let's get to it.


-How many lipsticks do you own? I currently own 35 lipsticks however that is NOT the full extent of my lippie collection... (lip balms, glosses, crayons).

-What was your first ever lipstick? My first ever lipstick was given to me by one of my dads older lady clients. It was a full size lipstick form Lancome in the shade of Bright Red. Im sure she got it as a gift with purchase with one of her recent skincare purchases. It was a nice color, however my mom was offended and took it away from me because she said that a 13 year old had not business owning a Bright Red Lipstick. Haha she probably just liked it for her self!

-What is your most worn lipstick? Well I just went on about that above! L'oreal Color Riche Lipsitck in Fairest Nude 800

-What is your favorite brand for lipstick? My favorite brand for lipstick is Maybelline. I Like the formula of these lipsticks, it is creamy and pigmented. Also they have such a great color selection you are sure to find a shade for you'll love. There is a scent to this lipstick but it is not as strong as the L'oreal lipstick which I appreciate.

-What is your favorite finish? My favorite finish has to be creme-sheen. I don't fully enjoy the sheer lipsticks because I don't want to feel like I have to apply half the tube to get some color you know (bit of exaggeration on the half a tube bit).  This is true for Lipsticks, lip balms I don't mind the whole having to build up the color. I do like Matte lipsticks but I prefer a more moisturizing formula especially in the winter months

-What was the last lip product you bought? Remember how I said that Maybelline has such a great color selection? Well, I just bought myself three lipsticks from their new line Color Sensational The Buffs lip color.  They are such pretty Nude colors Bare All 910, Nude Lust 920 and one Dark color Espresso Exposed. I also picked up two of their Maybelline Elixirs Nude illusion 060 and Petal Blush 100. These are AMAZING! They make your lips feel so plum and plush. The formula is smooth and almost feels like butter but not like a slippery butter, more like thicker but now sticky. They are perf!

-How many lip product do you currently have in your had bag? (including lip balms and glosses) In my hand bag I currently have three lip products. Two lipsticks and one lipgloss. 

-What lipstick do you currently use to rock a red lip? I have to confess... I rarely rock a red lip. However when I do I use a highly pigmented lip balm from Cailyn called Big Apple retails for $19.00 .  For a balm it is REALY pigmented and  feels more like a lipstick than a lip balm. 

Also its more on the matte side so I usually apply a gloss on top to give it some shine. This balm lasts on your lips a LONG time! I do like to use Hot Mess Lip gloss by be a Bombshell Cosmetics Retails for $14.00 . It is a bright red gloss that can be worn on its own and look stunning. It does not make your lips look over done when worn on its own but it is pigmented enough to give your lips an amazing rosy color. 

When I do line my lips with a pencil I use NYX Lip Liner Pencil in 817 Hot Red retails for $3.50, this is more of a matte finish pencil which goes perfectly with this Cailyn Balm.

-How do you store you lipsticks? I recently ordered some clear acrylic lipstick holders. They look so fancy I really love them. For lipsticks with a flat top i store those upside down so I can see the bottom of the tube with the lipstick name.

 Unfortunately some of the tubes like my Lime Crime and MAC ones have a round top so they slip to the side =( So I store them right side up. All my lip glosses I keep in a basket in my Alex Drawer from Ikea out of sight

-What lip products are you currently lusting after? Oh my gosh! I would love to get my hands on so many lip products where should I start!? Ok well first would be Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping lip balm, this lip balm is supposed to be moisturizing with some SPF and its suppose to have a rose scent and I love the scent of roses. Another product I would love to try out is the Dose of Colors Lip Glosses. They Look Crazy pigmented and have amazing colors. Lastly I am really intrigued with Sephora and Pantone Universe Radiant Paint Gloss Trio. If I pick up anything soon I think it might be this one.

So there it is the Lip stick tag, I so hope you made it this far into the Blog Post haha. Please Please comment below and let me know how you liked the post and also follow my blog for more. Thank you so much and till the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment