Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

My Hair Style

My hair style has changed so much through out the years. As a kid my mom chose to keep my hair long and she loved it so much that I ended up having long hair pretty much my whole childhood and teen life. I finally got to do what EVER I wanted with it when I turned eighteen. First thing on my list of things to do when I hit my "Adult" age was CHOP off my hair! Yes I was that desperate. That, and start wearing black eyeliner and mascara. She was so upset... oh well, I put up with the long hair for A LONG time. Not only that but I was required to wear my hair in a braid (while in high school) every other day! I was so embarrassed. I felt like a little girl whose mom did her hair and chose her clothes. Yes she had a say in my clothing as well, but that was not as bad. I was allowed to wear tank tops, Yay! Anyway you might be thinking why I was embarrassed, well this was the time where all the other young girls got to experiment with their hair and makeup. They had shoulder length hair, layers, and beautiful highlights. Me; long squared cut hair and in a braid every other day no black eyeliner and No Black mascara! So can you blame me for being excited about turning the age of 18? I have to say though I did sneak in the black mascara here and there. When I started dating my husband at the age of seventeen I feel like my mom backed off a little on the black mascara and eyeliner because I wore it on the weekend when I was going out on dates him.

I ended up having a friend cut and highlight my hair and it looked so cute! I cut my hair just up to my shoulders and got a few highlights. After that I continued changing up my hair looks. At one point I had a brown color in my hair with Blond Red and Black highlights and low lights! Yes I had four colors in my hair and it was the best combo ever. That was actually my husbands favorite hair look, but it was the worst on my pocket. Ive cut my hair as short as a pixie cut which was extremely bold of me! It makes me smile BIG thinking of it. I remember our Market Executive visited our store and did a double take when he saw me, he made a comment about the drastic change. It was a nice comment but you know when someone is B.S'ing you. LOL I was fine with it I think that everyone (including my self) was shocked about the pixie cut! My husband was like NEVER AGAIN! Please! Oh, Memories. Since that I have dyed my hair black, dark brown and blond. Its a real costly thing and little by little I dyed it less and less. The hard part was growing out my hair again. I went years trying to grow back my hair but overtime it grew i would just cut it right off again because of split ends. Yes you read that right, I wanted to grow back my hair and I did. All that fuss about chopping it off and then we came back to this conclusion my hair looks great long. I don't regret cutting my hair because it was something i really wanted to do. Would I do it again? Yes.  Would I cut it tomorrow? No. I feel like I will go some time with long hair and down the line I know I will cut it again.

At the moment my hair style is nothing glamorous. I keep it pretty simple. I'm at a state where I want no more upkeep than a simple shampoo and weekly deep conditioner. Currently it's a Dark brown with violet undertones. However its a bit washed out but it still looks a nice color. When I do my hair in the morning I usually just blow-dry and use a round brush. I keep my hair down and semi-straight on a daily biases for work. I rarely use a curling iron or straightener the same day I blow dry, unless I have an event to go to. I part my hair to the side and wear long side bangs with a bobby pin pulling them off my face. I do have some long layers in front just so when I curl my hair they frame my face nicely. When I go to a party and time permits I like to curl my hair or use my wave heating tool. I think that curls and waves make you look more glam. Really that's all there is to it at the moment.

So I guess you got read a little more about me and my earlier years. I hope it was as entertaining for you as it was for me to reminisce about the past and write about it all up until now. So I wish you all had better teen hair/makeup experiences. Remember find that Sparkle and let it shine!

This is my hair at its current state:



No comments:

Post a Comment